T5 Portable SSD
With no moving parts, a shock-resistant metal body that withstands drops of up to 6.5 feet, and built-in AES 256-bit hardware encryption, this SSD offers complete data protection from the inside out
Storage Made New
The Samsung Portable SSD T5 elevates data transfer speeds to the next level and unleashes a new experience in external storage. With a compact and durable design and password protection, the T5 is truly easy to carry and stores data securely.
- Read/Write Speeds of up to 540 MB/s
- Compact Design weighs less than 2 ounces
- USB 3.1 Type-C port to connect to latest devices
- Shock-resistant metal case and internal frame
- Compatible with Windows, Mac OS, and Android devices
Storage Made New
Fast, solid, secure, minimal, and easy to use – the Samsung T5 Portable SSD is Storage Made New. Take a look at the following specifications on our newest portable SSD and unleash the next level of performance.
Fast Transfer Speeds
With Samsung V-NAND flash memory and a USB 3.1 Gen 2 interface, the T5 provides transfer speeds of up to 540 MB/s*, that’s up to 4.9x faster than external HDDs**. Transfers and backups of large-sized data including 4K videos and high-resolution photos will be much faster.
* Performance may vary depending on host configuration. To reach maximum transfer speeds of 540 MB/s, the host device and connection cables must support USB 3.1 Gen 2 and the UASP mode must be enabled.
** Based on internal test results compared to a Samsung external HDD 500GB.
The top to bottom metal design and rounded unibody fits comfortably in the palm of your hand. The T5 comes in two distinct aluminum finishes – an alluring blue for 250 GB and 500 GB models, and a deep black for 1 TB and 2 TB models.*
* 1 GB=1,000,000,000 bytes, 1 TB=1,000,000,000,000 bytes. Lower capacity may be demonstrated by your computer due to use of a different measurement standard.
Connect with Ease
Connect the T5 to an extensive range of devices from PCs, Macs, smartphones and other devices.* The included USB Type-C to C cable and USB Type-C to A cable give you seamless connectivity without the hassle of purchasing additional adapters.**
* Compatibility with host devices may vary. Some operating systems may require T5 reformatting. Please find the compatible devices list on www.samsung.com/support.
** T5 is compatible with USB 3.0 and USB 2.0.
Solid Inside and Out
Do more. Worry less. The T5 has no moving parts and a sturdy metal body, so it can handle drops of up to 2 meters*. The optional password protection with AES 256-bit hardware encryption keeps your personal and private data more secure*. It’s all confidently backed by a 3-year limited warranty**.
* The internal free fall shock test was conducted under controlled conditions.
** For more information on the warranty, please visit www.samsung.com/support
Ready Anytime, Anywhere
Take everything, all your work and entertainment, with you. The Portable SSD T5 gives you simple and efficient access to your massive data so you can complete tasks quickly and on the move. Take along your documents, large-sized photos or videos, and get things done wherever you go.